1. Don’t feel lonely, the entire universe is inside you.– Rumi
2. After 10 years of depression and loneliness, I realized the person I missed the most was not another, but myself.– Maxime Lagacé
3. People think being alone makes you lonely, but I don’t think that’s true. Being surrounded by the wrong people is the loneliest thing in the world.– Kim Culbertson
4. Loneliness adds beauty to life. It puts a special burn on sunsets and makes night air smell better.– Henry Rollins
5. Loneliness is not lack of company, loneliness is lack of purpose.– Guillermo Maldonado
6. The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before.– Albert Einstein
7. We’re used to constantly judging things. The act of judging something separates you from that thing.
Over time, as you judge, judge, judge, you invariably judge people. You judge yourself. You separate yourself from everything, and then you end up lonely.
That feeling of disconnection, loneliness, is eventually what leads to suffering.– Naval Ravikant
8. Although I am a typical loner in my daily life, my awareness of belonging to the invisible community of those who strive for truth, beauty, and justice has prevented me from feelings of isolation.– Albert Einstein
9. You are not alone. Trust me.– Paulo Coelho
10. Inside myself is a place where I live all alone, and that’s where I renew my springs that never dry up.– Pearl Buck
11. The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.– Michel de Montaigne
12. The thing that makes you exceptional, if you are at all, is inevitably that which makes you lonely.– Lorraine Hansberry
13. Sometimes you have to stand alone. Just to make sure you still can.– Anonymous
14. If you are alone, you belong entirely to yourself. If you are accompanied by even one companion, you belong only half to yourself or even less in proportion to the thoughtlessness of his conduct.– Leonardo da Vinci
15. Being alone & actually sitting with our own thoughts can lead to such growth and realizations that are rare in our everyday busy lives.– Kourtney Kardashian
16. Sometimes you need to take a break from everyone and spend time alone to experience, appreciate, and love yourself.– Robert Tew
17. If you meet a loner, no matter what they tell you, it’s not because they enjoy solitude. It’s because they have tried to blend into the world before, and people continue to disappoint them.– Jodi Picoult
18. The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone.– Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
19. When I get lonely these days, I think: So Be lonely, Liz. Learn your way around loneliness. Make a map of it. Sit with it, for once in your life. Welcome to the human experience.
But never again use another person’s body or emotions as a scratching post for your own unfulfilled yearnings.– Elizabeth Gilbert
20. Loneliness is the human condition. Cultivate it. The way it tunnels into you allows your soul room to grow. Never expect to outgrow loneliness. Never hope to find people who will understand you, someone to fill that space.
An intelligent, sensitive person is the exception, the very great exception. If you expect to find people who will understand you, you will grow murderous with disappointment. The best you’ll ever do is to understand yourself, know what it is that you want, and not let the cattle stand in your way.– Janet Fitch
You may also like.. You Are Not Alone.
21. If you smile when you are alone then you really mean it.– Andy Rooney
22. What a lovely surprise to finally discover how unlonely being alone can be.– Ellen Burstyn
23. Find company within yourself and you’ll never spend a day alone. Find love within yourself and you’ll never have a lonely day.– Connor Chalfant
24. Sometimes lonely hours is the best time of life, because it’s the only time I share my deepest secrets with the most trusted person in the world, MYSELF.– Anonymous
25. If you go deeper and deeper into your own heart, you’ll be living in a world with less fear, isolation and loneliness.– Sharon Salzberg
Choose your best number and see which quote you would find. Share it with me, I’m curious!