Sometimes, a good day is ruined by someone’s being rude to us. It may be nothing to them but a moment of anger passing by, but for us it’s heartbreaking. No one realizes other people’s agony. For that, let’s be nice and show compassion.
This is not always another one’s fault. Anyone becomes rude once or twice now and then. Therefore, start with yourself. Be kind, stop being rude, and let the misbehavior of others vanish facing your wisdom.
Being disrespectful in a situation doesn’t equal being a bad person. Find excuses and be flexible with people you love whenever you can. Sometimes stress and anger force them to be out of control.
On the other side, don’t allow someone to treat you badly just because you are understanding. Don’t reply to them with the same discourtesy, rather kill them with your kindness. Be assertive in expressing your feelings and stopping them instantly.
Here are 20 famous quotes about being rude and disrespectful to help you deal with the rudeness of people.
1. “You can be strong and true to yourself without being rude or loud.” – Paula Radcliffe
2. “It’s not a slam at you when people are rude, it’s a slam at the people they’ve met before.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
3. “It is a wise thing to be polite; consequently, it is a stupid thing to be rude. To make enemies by unnecessary and willful incivility, is just as insane a proceeding as to set your house on fire. For politeness is like a counter–an avowedly false coin, with which it is foolish to be stingy.” – Arthur Schopenhauer
4. “A fit body gives you confidence. And there’s nothing more impressive than a great attitude, which you can wear on your sleeve. But you’ll have to remember the difference between being rude and being confident.” – Virat Kohli
5. “Rudeness is the weak man’s imitation of strength.” – Edmund Burke
6. “The environment around you shapes who you are. How you handle an emergency or how you react when someone is rude to you, that’s you.” – Halsey
7. “No one is more insufferable than he who lacks basic courtesy.” – Bryant McGill
8. “If you are rude, cynical, habitually-sarcastic or pessimistic, your life options are going to be very limited.” – Bryant McGill
9. “More often than not, we’re not mindful or prudent of what we say until we already hurt or offended someone. And the sad part of it, we don’t always own or take responsibility for our insensitivity, and that’s tragic.” – Danny Castillones Sillada
10. “Rudeness happens when there is a leak in your self-control.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
11. “‘Honesty’ in social life is often used as a cover for rudeness. But there is quite a difference between being candid in what you’re talking about, and people voicing their insulting opinions under the name of honesty.” – Judith Martin
12. “Rudeness is a means to attract attention, assert power, cover-up ineptitude, deflect personal insecurities, and intimidate meeker people.” – Kilroy J. Oldster
13. “Do not be threatened by rude people because rudeness is a sign of insecurity.” – Gift Gugu Mona
14. “You’re not going to be liked by everybody when you speak the truth. I don’t speak the truth to put people down; I don’t speak the truth to show disrespect.” – Hope Solo
15. “When people are rude to us, even if we didn’t do them any harm, we may feel awful, but we must try to not let our awfulness create hatred in us towards them because once we give in to hate, it won’t stop there.” – Abhijit Naskar
16. “Love, patience, and meekness can be just as contagious as rudeness and crudeness.” – Neal A. Maxwell
17. “By behaving elegantly, you inspire others to behave elegantly; by behaving rude, you invite others to behave rudely! You change others when you change yourself!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
18. “Straight-forwardness, without the rules of propriety, becomes rudeness.”
19. “A rude man tells a woman to stop talking too much because she is making noise. A polite man will tell this same woman that she looks so beautiful when her lip is closed. Compare and choose one! Speak politely, but be sure you get to where you are going with your words.” – Israelmore ayivor
20. “Never justify being rude; never forget to be kind.” – Debasish Mridha
21.” A joke sounds like a joke. An insult sounds like an insult. Most people, nowadays, trying to be funny, smuggle insults into jokes.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
22. “A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wits and add drama to an otherwise dull day.” – Calvin
23. “A man who goes into a restaurant and blatantly disrespects the servers shows a strong discontent with his being. Deep down he knows that restaurant service is the closest thing he will ever experience being served like a king.” – Criss Jami
24. “If they respect you, respect them. If they disrespect you, still respect them. Do not allow the actions of others to decrease your good manners, because you represent yourself, not others.” – Mohamed Zeyara
25. “Never respond to rudeness. When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are. Don’t take it personally. Be silent.”
26. “The less you respond to rude, critical, argumentative people, the more peaceful your life will become.” – Mandy Hale
27. “Poisonous relationships cloud your vision. I wasted a lot of time adjusting my boundaries and justifying disrespect when it would have been so much easier (and a lot less painful) to simply adjust my life to their absence.” – Steve Maraboli
28. “You deserve respect and appreciation. A person who doesn’t have respect for themselves will more than likely not give it to you. You have to set a standard for yourself by not allowing insolence.” – Amaka Imani Nkosazana
29. “There cannot be greater rudeness than to interrupt another in the current of his discourse.” – John Locke
30. “Throughout life, people will make you mad, disrespect you, and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too.” – Will Smith