Yes, we need the inspiration to be good listeners and master the art of listening. It’s important to listen well because many people these days don’t pay much attention.
Sometimes while you are talking to someone you find yourself daydreaming and losing focus. Having good communication skills is not only about speaking, it’s also about being a good listener.
When you talk to someone and find his attention is somewhere else, you get offended and not happy. Equally, we need to be listened to when we try to express something. It’s making us feel wanted and important.
To build strong relationships with people, you need to understand what they say and what they can’t say. Listen carefully to what their hearts tell you, and you can do that when you concentrate more.
Focus on getting the meaning of what the other person says first. Address what they are explaining rather than battling to find an insincere answer.
Remind yourself that listening well a few minutes longer to the other party is a simple way to show them respect. Sincerity’s shown at times of understanding and listening attentively.
Don’t assume what someone tries to say, don’t let them feel undervalued and offended.
Be the one who listens more because those people are getting much wisdom and success.
1. “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”― Stephen R. Covey
2. “Sometimes all a person wants is an empathetic ear; all he or she needs is to talk it out. Just offering a listening ear and an understanding heart for his or her suffering can be a big comfort.”― Roy T. Bennett
3. “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”― Leo Buscaglia
4. “Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening when you’d have preferred to talk.”― Doug Larson
5. “7 Effective Ways to Make Others Feel Important― Roy T. Bennett
1. Use their name.
2. Express sincere gratitude.
3. Do more listening than talking.
4. Talk more about them than about you.
5. Be authentically interested.
6. Be sincere in your praise.
7. Show you care.”
6. “One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.”― Bryant H. McGill
7. “Most of the successful people I’ve known are the ones who do more listening than talking.”― Bernard M. Baruch
8. “If you make listening and observation your occupation, you will gain much more than you can by talk.”― Robert Baden-Powell
9. “It’s not at all hard to understand a person; it’s only hard to listen without bias.”― Criss Jami
10. “The art of conversation is the art of hearing as well as of being heard.”― William Hazlitt
11. “Listening is being able to be changed by the other person.”― Alan Alda
12. “The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn’t said.”― Peter Drucker
13. “Friends are those rare people who ask how we are, and then wait to hear the answer.”― Ed Cunningham
14. “The most basic of all human needs is the need to understand and be understood. The best way to understand people is to listen to them.”― Ralph G. Nichols
15. “Most people in the world don’t really use their brains to think. And people who don’t think are the ones who don’t listen to others.”― Haruki Murakami
16. “You cannot truly listen to anyone and do anything else at the same time.”―M. Scott Peck
17. “Long before I wrote stories, I listened for stories. Listening for them is something more acute than listening to them. I suppose it’s an early form of participation in what goes on. Listening children know stories are there. When their elders sit and begin, children are just waiting and hoping for one to come out, like a mouse from its hole.”― Eudora Welty
18. “The more you talk about them, the more important they will feel. The more you listen to them, the more important you will make them feel.”― Roy T. Bennett
19. “Never allow your ego to diminish your ability to listen.”― Gary Hopkins
20. “You can’t fake listening. It shows.”― Raquel Welch
21. “A friend asks, “Tell me one word which is significant in any kinds of relationship.” Another friend says, “LISTEN!”― Santosh Kalwar
22. “Listen with curiosity. Speak with honesty. Act with integrity.”― Roy Bennett
23. “The older I grow, the more I listen to people who don’t talk much.”― Germain G. Glidden
24. “Listen with your eyes as well as your ears.”― Graham Speechley
25. “We believe that we’re listening. But what we’re most often listening to is the voice in our head that’s telling us not to listen. Therefore, we listen so as to hear nothing.”― Craig D. Lounsbrough
26. “If you are not listening, you are wasting opportunities”― Garry James
27. “Everyone feels loved in the presence of a good listener.”― Marty Rubin
28. “The most effective listening happens with a closed mouth and an open mind.”― Sukant Ratnakar
29. “It is hard to engage in listening to another person with empathy if you are waiting for the spotlight to shine back on you.”Ramani Durvasula
30. “I don’t remember having ever learned anything while I was talking. Every single thing I’ve ever learned in my life, I’ve learned by listening or reading.”― Art Rios
Which quote inspired you among these quotes?