Sometimes you don’t know how to let go of the past and move forward toward your desired future. Many beautiful memories capture your heart, but at times unforgettable pain refuses to free your soul. Some people find comfort in what they’ve experienced because they are uncertain about having a better future. Some other people can’t run away from pain and resentment because it’s not easy to let go while they were hurt that much.
That past may be the comfort zone that is more reassuring to you than letting go and facing the unknown. However, what if the first thing after overcoming the past is being happy? What if you’re staying in a dark room while its door is the only barrier between you and the sunshine? If so, then it’s worth struggling a bit for getting rid of your past.
While you’re doing your best to live happily, it’s needed to learn how to overcome your past and move on. Here are 35 motivational quotes on how to let go of the past and move forward.
Let Go Of The Past Quotes
1. “You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months overanalyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could’ve, would’ve happened… or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move on.” – Tupac Shakur
2. “The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.” – Steve Maraboli
3. “If you want to fly in the sky, you need to leave the earth. If you want to move forward, you need to let go of the past that drags you down.” ― Amit Ray
4. “It is important that we forgive ourselves for making mistakes. We need to learn from our errors and move on.” – Steve Maraboli
Let go of the past
5. “Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it.” – Ann Landers
6. “In the process of letting go you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself.” – Deepak Chopra
7. “We all need to let go of the past. We need to collectively move forward and work together to make this world of ours a safer and more habitable place to live in.” ― Margo Vader
8. “You’re not going to live in victory if you hold on to baggage from yesterday. Your hardest times often lead to the greatest moments of your life.” ― Germany Kent
9. “Everything inside me has shifted. I’m stronger. Not only am I able to let go, I’m happy to let go. I’m focused on the future.” ― Sophie Kinsella
10. “The only thing a person can ever really do is keep moving forward. Take that big leap forward without hesitation, without once looking back. Simply forget the past and forge toward the future.” ― Alyson Noel
11. “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need.” ― Tao Te Ching
12. “Holding on is believing that there’s only a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future.” ― Daphne Rose Kingma
13. “To let go is to release the images and emotions, the grudges and fears, the clingings and disappointments of the past that bind our spirit.” ― Jack Kornfield
14. “Sometimes we can only find our true direction when we let the wind of change carry us” ― Mimi Novic
15. “The beautiful journey of today can only begin when we learn to let go of yesterday.” ― Steve Maraboli
Let go of the past – Tony Robbins motivational speech
16. “Let go of certainty. The opposite isn’t uncertainty. It’s openness, curiosity, and a willingness to embrace paradox, rather than choose up sides. The ultimate challenge is to accept ourselves exactly as we are, but never stop trying to learn and grow.” ― Tony Schwartz
17. “Sometimes the door closes on a relationship, not because we failed but because something bigger than us says this no longer fits our life. So, lock the door, shed a tear, turn around and look for the new door that’s opened. It’s a sign that you’re no longer the person you were, it’s time to change into who you are. It’s going to be okay.” ― Lee Goff
18. “The sooner we let go of holding on, the sooner we can hold on to the beauty of what’s unfolding before us. Nothing was ever meant to stay the same forever.” ― Julieanne O’Connor
19. “Better believe it, those in pursuit of Happiness can’t expect to remain unchanged.” ― Efrat Cybulkiewicz
20. “Change is a good thing never resist it if nothing else just go with the flow. Sooner or later you will understand what the fire burning inside is trying to tell you or where it’s trying to take you. We fight to hang on and we fight to let go, Know when its time to let go.” ― Charles E Hudson
21. “We can’t be afraid of change. You may feel very secure in the pond that you are in, but if you never venture out of it, you will never know that there is such a thing as an ocean, a sea. Holding onto something that is good for you now, maybe the very reason why you don’t have something better.” ― C. JoyBell C.
22. “It is not easy to let go, but when you do; not only do you realize the strength that lies within you, you also create an opportunity to see the best of miracles in your life.” ― Gift Gugu Mona
23. “I think that power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done.” ― Robert Downey Jr.
24. “Until you let go until you forgive yourself until you realize the situation is over, you will never be able to move forward.” ― Charles E Hudson
Let go of the past
25. “When we let go and stop dragging the pain and past, we free ourselves of dead weight and allow our hearts to heft the good stuff, the stuff that makes our journey lighter, easier, and more meaningful.” ― Toni Sorenson
26. “You can’t feed today’s hunger with yesterday’s meal” ― TJ Milam
27. “Enjoy the turbulent tide, since they elevate you and bring you closer to your goals.” ― Efrat Cybulkiewicz
28. “Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energy moving forward together towards an answer.” ― Denis Waitley
29. “Sooner or later we’ve all got to let go of our past.” ― Dan Brown
30. “Don’t resist when life needs to remove the “old” to make room for the “new.” The pain you’re feeling isn’t caused by letting things or people go, what’s actually hurting you is swimming exhaustively against the natural flow that was intended to carry you. What’s truly meant for you shouldn’t feel forced, and your blessings are definitely on the way. So stop clinging to whatever needs to be purged, focus instead on freeing yourself to receive. What God has for you, is meant just for you… you’ll never have to fight or compete with anyone for what’s been divinely designated as yours.” ― Kianu Starr
31. “It is important that we forgive ourselves for making mistakes. We need to learn from our errors and move on.” ― Steve Maraboli
32. “Forgiveness means letting go of the past.” ― Gerald Jampolsky
Let go of the past
33. “Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it.” ― Ann Lander
34. “Some birds are not meant to be caged, that’s all. Their feathers are too bright, their songs too sweet and wild. So you let them go, or when you open the cage to feed them they somehow fly past you. And the part of you that knows it was wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices, but still, the place where you live is that much drabber and empty for their departure.” ― Stephen King
35. “Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?” ―Mary Manin Morrissey
SMiLes A Human Becoming
More Than Just Being Now
Dear Chaymaa Change
tHE ART Of
New All the
Colors of SPiRiT
Painting SoUL More
Anew in Every Leaf Rising
Roots Deeper Vines Ever Reaching NoW..:)
Thank you!! Have an awesome day 😊🙌🏻
To You my FRiEnD😊🏝
I never get tired of expressing my admiration for what you do. I really like your posts. I saved today’s post to read again. The content really speaks to me.
Thank you so much for your kind words, this comment has made my day! 😊
Have a great day 🌻🙌🏻
You are welcome. Have a blessed weekend.
This quote speaks volumes. Thanks for sharing.
You’re welcome dear, enjoy your day 😊
Pingback: 20 Allow Yourself And Choose To Be Happy Quotes - Best Life Hayat
True everything have beinging most have end.